We understand that you have a choice, why you should choose The Baby Sleep Practitioners®?:
- What if your baby was is pain due to a medical condition and it went undiagnosed while you enforced sleep training rules? If you are having sleeping challenges with your baby, it is important that your baby has an examination by a heath professional such as ourselves or your general practitioner to rule out any medical conditions. We work closely with other credible, trustworthy health professionals including paediatricians, lactation consultants and psychologists and will refer you on to specialist services if required. Once health issues have been treated, we can more clearly determine any sleeping challenges and formulate a gentle and practical plan to help improve your baby’s sleep.
- Baby sleep experts should be qualified and trained specifically to understand babies' psychological and physiological needs: The Baby Sleep Practitioners keep up to date with evidence based research and will give advice to you about your baby that is safe and optimises their health and development. The baby sleep industry lacks regulation and we want to protect vulnerable mothers from claims of questionable qualifications and certification. Amy and Elspeth are qualified nurses and attend conferences run by other health organisations. Working in the public health system also maintains our practising certificate ensuring that you can trust the advice you receive from us.
- We don't use a 'one size fits all' approach to baby sleep strategies: We work with a diverse population of families and parenting styles. We offer a number of different sleep strategies depending on what suits your values and family dynamics. Our aim is to nurture parent-infant bonds and trust. We believe that when mothers respond to their baby's communication and have their needs attended to they will be rewarded with a happy, contented baby.
- Our service includes infant feeding support: Often the cause of unsettled babies and sleeping challenges are related to undiagnosed feeding problems. We are experienced in the support of breastfeeding and receive regular evidence-based training to reinforce this understanding. Additionally, formal training keeps us informed of the latest research and trends in health and growth challenges. As we are also currently working as Baby Sleep Practitioners we regularly help with mothers and their babies with reflux, colic, tongue ties and food intolerance. The information and management that is out there about these terms and topics is often unreliable, inaccurate and very difficult to tell apart from the real thing. This is an area we are passionate about. We have helped many mothers with breastfeeding challenges resulting in medication for reflux no longer being needed.
- Motherhood is challenging for everyone: The Baby Sleep Practitioners want to support all mums relax and enjoy the journey of motherhood. We offer tools to look after your own sleep hygiene and any unhelpful thoughts.